Recent Songs of the Weeks
Don’t be put off by the creepy dude scowling into the river. Annette Hanshaw loves him, and that’s good enough for me.
This is one of those songs that’s pretty much made by the harmonies, so don’t try singing it by yourself!
Nice easy chords and a simple melody.
When you’re dreaming in your perfectly vertically striped davenport, here’s the song you’ll sing.
And while you’re out on your vacation…
I’m getting my consolation…
Six feet of Papa, five feet of Mama–aw, you do the math!
More Songs of the Week
- 17 Say Mister! Have You Met Rosie’s Sister ukulele song
- 16 Oh How She Could Play a Ukulele ukulele song
- 15 Ukulele Lady ukulele song (plus bonus!)
- 14 Kentucky’s Way of Saying Good Morning ukulele song
- 13 SUNDAY ukulele song
When the first webcam was invented, some woman with a ukulele decided to stare directly at the camera and record herself playing a random song…
Whenever I start up a new class, I get twenty emails asking “What ukulele should I buy?” Well, here’s a nice video overview from the folks at Hawaii Music Supply. Now, mind you, there a plenty of playable ukes for way less than $200, but if you’re at all serious, it’s nice to get an […]
Adorable, tiny, Korean children playing enormously enormous guitars.
Everything you know about brainstorming is wrong (warning: science within). I guess this explains why ukulele players are so relaxed, creative, and fun.
Other Recent Articles
- Nick Lucas in 19-what-the-70???
- Uke Players: First Do No Harm
- Good Rhyme of the Week
- Two Cool Cats: Buster Keaton and Ukulele Ike
- “A ukulele” or “an ukulele”? Which is correct?